Best Knee Walker Scooters in 2018 – Knee Scooter Reviews
Normally, someone wouldn’t want to use a knee walker scooter, but when you have a broken leg and cannot walk properly, it can be a good solution. If you want to be able to walk around normally and leave the house, the knee walker scooter is the best way to do that.
The knee walker scooter is not only used for recovering injury. You can also use it for other reasons as well. You also should know that right now, knee walker scooters are becoming very popular and the market is growing everyday.
If you look around you can find the type of knee walker scooter that is the most comfortable for you. There are many kinds of knee walker scooters out there and each one serves its own purpose. Let’s take a look at some of the different types and you can decide which one works best for you.
Table of Contents
4 Best Knee Scooter Reviews
Drive Medical DV8
- This scooter is ideal for people recovering from breaks, sprains, amputation, foot surgery and ulcers of the foot .
- For increased maneuverability, the steering column can be folded for storage .
- For added stability and comfort, the leg pad includes a “channel” .
- The seat and handle can be adjusted without the use of a tool
- Handle Height: 33″-37.5″; Knee Pad Dimensions: 14.25″(heart) x 7.25″(W) x 17.5″-21.5″(heart); Weight Capacity: 300 lbs .
The Drive medical DV8 is the most comfortable knee walker scooter. It’s not only comfortable, but it rides smooth as well. It has an adjustable handle and knee set. This means you can easily set the scooter to the ideal height for you. It does not matter how much tall or short you are, this scooter will be able to accommodate you. It has four 8” wheels that make it good for indoor and outdoor use. It has a fold able steering column which makes it super easy to carry with you when want to travel. The maximum load capacity is 300 lbs and the total weight of Drive Medical DV8 is 19 lbs. It has a limited warranty, so within a certain period of time it can be replaced if it breaks. Last but not least, it is very easy to set up and even easier to use. Overall, this scooter is great to use because it’s maneuverable, useful and practical.Check the Price on Amazon
- Great for people recovering from an ankle or foot injury .
- Large wheels have sealed bearings with 8 inch rims and Polyurethane construction .
- knee platform is padded and comes with easy-adjustment mechanism .
- Scooter steering allows for increased maneuverability .
- Supports up to 350 pounds .
The Roscoe Medical Knee scooter also has a very comfortable knee-pad. This scooter is popular for its extra thick knee-pad. This knee-pad makes sure your leg is extra comfortable, especially if it is injured. If you are a student, you can use the basket on this scooter to carry any books or other items you might have with you. This puts even less stress on your body when you are heading between classes. It also has an adjustable handle and knee set, which means you can easily set the scooter to a height that is comfortable for you . This means everyone can use it, no matter how short or tall you happen to be. The scooter can carry up to 350 lbs, whereas the Drive Medical DV8 can only carry 300 lbs. It has one hand brake system that is very high quality and has great responsiveness. This lets you keep one hand free at all times, even when you want to stop. The total weight of the Roscoe Medical is 23 lbs., which is a bit heavier than the previous scooter, but it can be more than worth it for the increase in sturdiness. This scooter also is foldable, so you can easily carry your Roscoe Medical with you wherever you go.
Related post: Why You Should Use a Knee Walker Scooter
KneeRover Steerable Knee Scooter – Green
- Great for people recovering from injury or foot surgery, lower leg or ankle as below the knee amputees.
- The Steerable Knee Scooter is proven to be one of the best scooters and is the most trusted knee walkers in the industry and an excellent alternative to using crutches.
- When you’re maneuvering, this scooter gives you great control and stability – the knee walkers are steerable and come with a rear brake and an adjustable locking handbrake.
- Works both indoors and outdoors, the Steerable Knee Scooter kneeling walker has four 7.5 inch non-marking rubber wheels, the knee platform padding is 3.5″ thick and contoured making it very comfortable.
- It works for both the right and left legs, and comes with a free basket.
- The handlebars on the Steerable Knee Scooter can be folded quickly for easy transport and storage.
- Handlebars and knee platform are both fully adjustable, the knee walker is both sturdy as well as lightweight and can hold up to 300. It is ideal people with heights between 5′ – 6’6.
Well designed and carefully constructed, this scooter is of the highest quality. Because of its construction, the Knee Rover Green is considered to be one of the best scooters in the market. The knee rover green scooter has a single brake handle, so you can keep one hand free when you want to stop. The Knee Rover green has an adjustable knee-pad, so just like with the other scooters you can adjust it to your own height and have it fit perfectly. It also has a steering column feature, so it is easy to fold. It comes with a built in basket for carrying things around with you, which can be very helpful. If you’re looking for a very high quality knee walker scooter, the Knee Rover Green is an excellent choice.Check the Price on Amazon
Karman Luxury lightweight-4
- box-shaped deck is made from aluminum and is 20” x 4”
- steel handlebar has a unique batwing shape and is 18” wide
- Soft PRO hand grips
- Polyurethane ABS wheels are 100 millimeters
- Head tube clamp is triple bolted and has a Steel flex brake
The Karman Luxury lightweight-4 is one of the best knee walker scooters due in part to its great braking system. The Karman luxury lightweight 4 has an Axle braking system installed, so it’s braking is extremely responsive. Currently, this is the best braking system available in the knee walker scooter market. It also has a smooth knee-pad and adjustable handle. This makes the scooter much more comfortable to use. No matter how tall you are, you should be able to use this scooter with no problem at all. When you take the Karman luxury lightweight-4 out of the box, you should have no problem assembling it, and in minutes you should be able to start using it. The maximum load capacity is 350 lbs., which is makes it one of the sturdier scooters out there.Check the Price on Amazon
User Instructions for Knee Scooter
It is very easy to use a knee walker scooter. If you know how to use it, the knee walker scooter can make your life much easier. First of all, keep your ankle injuries leg on the knee-pad at a 90 degree angle. Adjust the handlebars so they are at waist level. Make sure your body weight is positioned at the center of the scooter. Now you can push by your leg forward or backward to ride however you like.
Related topic: What to Look For in a Knee Scooter
Buying a scooter is not so hard. When you decide to buy a scooter, you should focus on some specific things that you are looking for. Make sure that the scooter is comfortable, maneuverable and easily assembled. Also make sure that the scooter fits in with your lifestyle. An example of this is that if you run a lot of errands, you will most likely want a scooter with a basket so that you can carry groceries, etc. Also make sure you check the customer’s feedback of each scooter before you buy it. If you follow these instructions, you should be able to find the perfect scooter in no time. I wish you the best of luck in your search. See you next time!