Globber 3 Wheel Fixed Scooter Reviews
One of the most toddler-friendly scooters out there is the Globber 3. It is recommended for kids 3 and up and has an adjustable handlebar to fit multiple different age groups. Like most well-made toddler scooters, it comes with a lean to steer function. This is important not only for safety but to teach the kids proper turning techniques for when they get a larger scooter later on.
A good way to think of a kid scooter is as a practice vehicle to teach them about speed and safety. The Globber 3 has a much higher weight capacity than its competitors at 110 pounds. This can be good for kids who don’t like to give up their favorite toy even when they get a couple of years older. As I kid, I never liked upgrading to new toys and always liked to keep the old ones so I think if this were around when I were a kid it would be the perfect scooter for me!
Table of Contents
Features of the Globber 3 Wheel Fixed Scooter
More photo & price on Amazon.com
The sturdiness of this board translates into very stable riding. The deck is strong and it is low to the ground, which makes for a very smooth ride. The wheels are also a huge plus for the Globber 3 scooter. They are super high rebound polyurethane so they glide very well. They also come with 5 bearings inside the wheel which only enhances the glide factor. Overall it is fun, easy to ride and safe.
Globber 3 Wheel Fixed Scooter - Videos
Features at a Glance
- Handlebar grips: give the rider more comfort and resistance with their dual injected, durable material.
- Fixed handlebars: meant for younger riders with a height of 27” Patented secure Direction Button Lock: a great way to help your kid learn by ensuring the scooter moves in one direction.
- Steering mechanism that is spring loaded: gives the scooter lean-to-steer technology, smooth turns are easy with the front pivot supports.
- Low deck clearance: provides low center of gravity and stability.
- Steel plate: deck is reinforced by steel for better strength and integrity.
- Improved quality of turns: X-Cross deck design makes turns easier.
- High rebound transparent PU wheels: 120mm front wheels, 80mm back wheels.
- Long rear brake: back tires completely covered for efficiency of stopping power.
- Weight capacity: supports up to 110 lbs, which is more than double other leading brands.
- Easy to Assemble: no tools required to put the scooter together.
- Easily foldable: Can be easily stored and transported. The handlebars can be removed from the deck with the click of a button.
- Color: Blue/Chrome
- Product Dimensions: 22 x 11 x 26.8 inches
- Weight: 4.45 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 6.4 pounds
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Are the wheels plastic or rubber?
A: High-rebound transparent polyurethane, commonly used for scooters, skateboards and skates.
Q: Would this be big enough for a 5 year old?
A: My 4 year old is on the taller side - 43 inches 44lbs. It's working out great for him.
I think the safety aspect is the biggest strength of this scooter. The Globber 3 takes so many extra steps to ensure safety. In the front they have a safe steering lock system to further reinforces the safety when your child is making turns. I would highly recommend this scooter if you are trying to keep your kid fun and safe around the neighborhood. This also makes a great and affordable gift!