Razor PowerWing Caster Scooter Review
Its time for people to wake up and face the fact that scooters are not just for kids anymore. Many teenagers and adults are jumping on the scooter train and are beginning to enjoy all the fun perks that come with scooter ownership. It’s about time people notice that the kids were on to something all those years… Scooters are a lot of fun!
Table of Contents
- Features of the Razor PowerWing Caster Scooter
- Razor Powerwing Has Been Designed for Smaller Kids
- Powerwing Caster Scooter Has the Rear Braking System
- Razor PowerWing Caster Scooter for Doing Tricks
- Parents Will Love This Scooter
- This Scooter Comes with Some Safety Measures
- All Trust the Razor Name in Terms of Quality
- Drawbacks & Complaint of Razor PowerWing Caster Scooter
- Razor PowerWing Caster Scooter - Videos
- Final Verdict
Features of the Razor PowerWing Caster Scooter
Razor Powerwing Has Been Designed for Smaller Kids
In addition to being fun, scooters also provide a cheap mode of transportation for kids. It is good for very short commutes such as heading to friends’ houses or to the convenience store. The Razor Powerwing has been designed for smaller kids, specifically those who are not able to ride larger scooters. With its “Y” shape and 3 wheeled design, it ensures that many different kids can pick it up easily. It gives the kids that ride it good stability. If stability was a reason for you not to buy a two wheel scooter, perhaps you should consider a scooter like this one.
Powerwing Caster Scooter Has the Rear Braking System
In addition to the safe Y-shaped design, the scooter also includes a braking mechanism on the front wheel. This makes for more precise stops and it can even be controlled from the handle bars which makes it easier and more convenient than the rear braking system you might find on more traditional scooters. These are all great features for children just above the age of five.
Razor PowerWing Caster Scooter for Doing Tricks
Overall, the Razor Powerwing caster scooter is a great scooter for kids and can be a fun for doing scooter tricks as well. For those of you who may not be familiar with the caster scooter design, it is not designed to be propelled by traditional “kicking”. Instead, it is meant to be propelled by twisting of the feet. This pushes the scooter forward and also opens up the possibility to perform many exciting tricks and stunts. Spin-outs, Side drifts, and kick outs are all examples of feats that can easily be performed on this scooter with little to no effort. With its durable, 30x22x31.5 inch steel frame, all of these tricks can be performed without risking the integrity of the scooter itself.
The Y shaped design presents a huge advantage to this scooter. Instead of the traditional two wheel design of scooters, Razor opted instead to make this scooter with 3 wheels, bolstering the stability of its riders and allowing for even more control and maneuverability. This is an innovative new product, not only in terms of the way it looks, but also in its performance as well.
Parents Will Love This Scooter
Even beginners should find this scooter to be an easy one. Although the spinning of the feet and body may seem unusual or tricky at first, it will become intuitive eventually. The scooter utilizes a very basic and natural body motion in order to push itself forward and its something you will definitely get a hang of later on. Parents will love this scooter because more stability means fewer falls and fewer falls means less scrapes and bruises. This again makes it a great choice for younger kids.
Razor decided to put a lot of time and thought into the wheels. They seem to be perfect to get the job done. They provide an amazing coasting experience on both rough terrain as well as smooth terrain. This scooter will absolutely not be able to handle off-road but a poorly paved road should be no problem whatsoever. With the durability of these wheels, they can also be a cost saver. With many scooter wheels, they have to be replaced early and often, but these ones seem to have enough consistency to last a long time.
The weight restrictions should be no problem at all. With this scooter being recommended to kids over five, the 145-pound weight limit should not pose a problem at all. Although it can support a lot of weight, the scooter itself is not very heavy and it can be stored easily. It can fit in the trunk of a car and taken on the go.
The scooter does not require any “pushing” or “kicking”. Instead it has dual inclined casters. This provides the ability to turn, drift and pick up speed without needing to leave the deck at all. This makes the scooter a lot less work, but at the same time it provides a unique exercise that cannot be found on many other scooters. This may be something to consider if this is one of your main reasons to buy a scooter.
This Scooter Comes with Some Safety Measures
For you riders and parents concerned about safety, fear not, this scooter comes with some safety measures. First of all, there are safety pads in the back of the deck, which prevent the scooter from flipping over. This is a big plus, and is rarely found on other scooters. The hand braking is also a bonus because it allows the rider to control the speed with his or her hand rather than his or her foot. This leads to more precise control and therefore a safer ride.
All Trust the Razor Name in Terms of Quality
Razor is arguably the most reputable brands in the scooter industry. This is another benefit with this product. It comes backed by the reputation and track record of the Razor company. They are often good at satisfying their customers and you often really have to dig in order to find a customer that did not like a razor product. They are innovators in the scooter industry and make dozens of excellent products, many of which can be found on this site. Children, teenagers and parents all trust the Razor name in terms of quality, design and service. If you get your child starts off riding this scooter, it will be easy for them to transition into some of the other products in its line.
Drawbacks & Complaint of Razor PowerWing Caster Scooter
- Although this is a great scooter, it does have its drawbacks. After looking through the negative reviews on amazon, we found that a common complaint was that the scooter doesn’t come with adjustable handlebars. Adjustable handlebars can be important because they allow the scooter to accommodate a variety of different heights.
- This can also be important for the kids that like to use toys for many years. As they get taller, the scooter gets taller with them. This is indicative that Razor does not intend for this to be a lifetime scooter but more of a transitional scooter.
- We find this to be fitting because this is a great in-between scooter for those who are too big for three-wheeled toddler scooters, but not quite big enough for the two wheel scooters.
- Another drawback is that the deck is composed of plastic rather than metal. While this may be a drawback for a two-wheeled scooter, it may not be a problem for a three wheeled scooter designed for much younger users. As long as the weight limit is 145 pounds that’s good enough for me!
- The wheels also could be a bit larger. You can often sense small bumps and pebbles in the road, which would go undetected with a larger wheeled scooter.
Razor PowerWing Caster Scooter - Videos
Features at a Glance
- Unique three-wheel design
- Aluminum main beam frame and wings
- Adjustable handlebar height
- Patented folding mechanism
- Dual inclined casters for drifting and spinning
- 120mm urethane front wheel
- 64mm urethane rear wheels
- High-performance ABEC-5 bearings
- Front hand operated brake
- Foam grips
- Removable stability bars
- Dimensions: 33.5" x 26" x 35.5"
- Product Weight: 11 lbs
- Some assembly required
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can you adjust the height on this scooter?
A: Yes, my 13 an 15 year old ride these razors.
Q: How much the shipping weight for this item?
A: I don't know. It should be listed with the specifications.
The Razor Powerwing is a great scooter to get for your kid. It excels in many different categories and is very highly rated in terms of customer feedback. That being said, it does have its limitations. This will be a “transition” scooter not a lifetime scooter. As long as this is something you are looking for your kid, I think this scooter is an excellent choice and I highly recommend it.