Xootr Mg Adult Kick Scooter Review
This scooter is one of the more premium adult scooters available. With the ultra light and super low deck, it gives you such a nice glide over pavement. Even though the deck is super light and close to the ground, it can still support a lot of weight. Up to 250 pounds can be supported by the deck which is far greater than that of the other scooters reviewed in this site. ck scooter.
Table of Contents
The scooter is also complete with two separate braking mechanisms. One is for the front wheel, which allows you to slow down the speed without breaking completely. The second brake is in the back which is a more traditional scooter break, allowing you to stop instantly. I thought this feature alone made the scooter worth purchasing. There are so many times I wanted to slow down but there is no good way to slow down on a scooter.
Xootr Mg Adult Kick Scooter - Videos
Features at a Glance
- Sold through Amazon from Xootr, the only authorized internet retailer of the Xootr Scooter.
- Adjustable handlebar, accommodates adults up to 6′ 7″. Wide platform provides enough room for 2 adult feet.
- Patent pending QuickClick latch folding mechanism allows folding/unfolding in seconds.
- Large polyurethane wheels provide an ultra-fast glide. Front and rear braking system.
- Each is assembled by hand in Old Forge, Pennsylvania. You can contact us by phone or email if you ever have a question or concern. Your satisfaction is our goal.
- Handlebar: TIG-welded 4130 steel.
- Wheel diameter: 7.1 in. (180 mm)
- Wheelbase: 28.3 in. (720 mm)
- Overall length (deployed): 35.4 in. (900 mm)
- Folded dimensions: 31.1 x 9.4 x 12.6
- Minimum handlebar height (from deck): 25 in. (635 mm)
- Maximum handlebar height (from deck): 38 in. (965 mm)
- Maximum deck width: 7.4 in. (187 mm)
- Maximum deck length: 25.0 in. (635 mm)
- Maximum rider weight: Over 800 lbs. (363 kg)
- Weight: 10.9 lbs. (4.9 kg)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does it come with both the fender & hand break?
A: All Xootr scooters sold through Amazon include the rear fender/brake kit.
Q: Is this one called "The Street"?
You can either brake and stop completely or throw your feet off to the side and try to get some friction going which can actually be quite dangerous and bad for your shoes. The ride is super smooth and silent. Almost like a longboard. The board also moves forward with little resistance and friction.
The Xootr has a far lower friction coefficient than its competitors which allows you to travel greater distances with fewer kicks and ultimately saves more energy. One final amazing feature about the xootr is that the deck is made extra wide so that both feet can be place parallel on the board.
This is particularly good for older riders with bigger feet that are sometimes faced with the awkward question of where to put their feet. Overall, the sleek design, impeccable durability, convenient features and low friction make this perhaps one of the best performing kick scooters out there.