Swagtron Swagger 5 High Speed Electric Scooter Review
The Swagtron Swagger 5 electric scooter is an incredible electric scooter for hurdling around short separations around or around a school grounds. With six miles of runtime, five distinctive rigging speeds, and a strong plan, it unquestionably fills its need. Lets take a look at the main features and specification first then discuss some pros and cons. Check our best adult electric scooters comparison and reviews.
Table of Contents
- Features of the swagtron swagger 5 Electric Scooter
- Swagtron Swagger 5 Speed and Capacity
- Swagtron Swagger 5 Fast Adults Electric Scooter - Video
Features of the swagtron swagger 5 Electric Scooter
More photo & price on Amazon.com
Swagtron Swagger 5 Electric Scooter Features at a Glance
- Portable and foldable - the 27.5 lbs e-scooter collapses for easy storage in car trunks and closets.
- The 250W electric hub motor allows for speeds up to 15 - 18 miles per hour.
- Li-ion battery in 3.5 hours for 6~12 miles of travel.
- Aluminum frame capable of supporting riders up to 320 pounds
- Low Tire Pressure Drastically reduces speed & range.
Swagtron Swagger 5 Specifications
- Dimensions: 41.5 x 17 x 19 in / 105.4 x 43.1 x 48.2 cm (folded).
- Materials - Frame: Aluminum Alloy.
- Front Tires: Air-filled Rubber Tires.
- Rear Tires: Airless Honeycomb.
- Brakes: Disc Brakes.
- Motor: 250W Front Hub Motor.
- Riding Modes: 3 Speed Modes.
- Cruise Control | Connectivity: iOS and Android App via Bluetooth
- Mile Range: 11 mi / 17.7 km
- Climbing Capacity: 20°
- Battery: Lithium-Ion 36V 6Ah
- Charge Time: ~3.5 hours
Swagtron Swagger 5 Speed and Capacity
When it comes to the more technical aspects of this scooter, there are some improvements and some slight downgrades from its two competitors. First of all, you have the top speed of 18 miles per hour, enough to leave the GOTRAX and the Glion in the dust. While I must say, 18 miles per hour is a bit excessive, I can’t judge the people that want to let the horses run wild and open it up on the road. Just make sure you are keeping your eyes on the road and always wearing a helmet! The rugged aluminum frame can support riders up to 320 pounds, shattering the weight limits of the other foldable electric scooter for adults. If you are a larger rider, you may have no choice but to get this scooter. Very few electric scooters even come close to this weight capacity.
Battery Life And Charging Time of Swagtron Swagger 5
While there are many positive improvements to this scooter, there is one notable handicap worth mentioning and that is the battery life and range. This is the one category that this scooter is sorely lacking, and it is a pretty important one. The range of this scooter is 6-12 miles, which means that it won’t even last an hour on its highest settings. While this may be able to tackle most short commutes, there are many people that work farther away than this and for that reason, this isn’t a great option for everyone. That being said, the scooter only takes 3.5 hours to charge so if you need to charge throughout the workday, this is no problem.
Why You Should Buy and Why Not
If you work nearby and you are trying to save some money, this is the scooter you should buy. It comes with some important bonuses like a faster top speed and higher weight capacity, but with the small range I cannot recommend it to anyone who works far away from home. There are scooters with better range for the same price, but all and all, this scooter gives you a ton of value for what you pay for.
Swagtron Swagger 5 Fast Adults Electric Scooter - Video
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does Swagtron Swagger 5 Requires smartphone to operate?
A: No it does not.
Q: Whats the range this goes?
A: Mine goes about 8 to 10 miles on each charge.
While we would have jumped at the chance to have seen an any longer battery life, particularly with different models available filling this need, we despite everything believe Swagtron Swagger 5 is a strong starter scooter.